Tuesday, June 01, 2010

My next four-week online Flash Fiction Course begins August 9, 2010. It fills quickly so sign up soon. See details at http://www.flashquake.org/vol9iss4/online-classes/index.html (I limit the course to ten participants so I can give it my closest attention.)

More good news for Field Guide to Writing Flash Fiction: Tips From Editors, Teacher, and Writers in the Field (edited by Tara Masih, 2009).
http://www.rosemetalpress.com/Catalog/Field%20Guide_more.html

ForeWord Magazine awarded a Bronze Medal (in their Writing Category) to Rose Metal Press’s Field Guide to Writing Flash Fiction in their Book of the Year Awards. The criteria they use for their awards include editorial excellence, originality of subject matter, accuracy, contributor credentials, and professional packaging. Finalists are determined by a jury of judges consisting of editors and reviewers of ForeWord Reviews, booksellers, librarians, and other industry professionals. It should go without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that I’m pleased to have my article included in this fine collection. See the info (and other winners) at http://www.bookoftheyearawards.com/winners/2009/category/writing/

Do send your flash literature publishing news to me for inclusion in the Flash Fiction Flash Newsletter. And do subscribe to my free monthly newsletter by sending a blank email message to FlashFictionFlash-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com and you'll see how to format your news for the newsletter (where I ask for specific labeling and specific info). I'd also like to get publishing news about your flash fiction/ flash literature collections or new flash anthologies you have work in (for the newsletter). So subscribe and I'll be happy to pass along your news.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home